Friday, June 24, 2011

Chapter 13: Distance

Hmmm... I had to pick one, the ties of a friendship or the love for the significant other? Whatever choice I make will cross the thin line between love and hate. So I picked the ties of a friendship over the love for a significant other. The moment I picked that, I knew it would have caused some problems between us. But never did I thought she would go this far...

Have any of you lost someone precious to you? Not in terms of death, but just slowly distancing themselves away from you. Little by little. Bit by bit. Doesn't that gradually eats you up? Unfortunately all these things happened to me in the start of 2011. Yay, what a great way to start a new year. It's hard to keep your composure when things/people around you are slowly fading into the shadow.

It really sucks to have a precious friend to tell you they will stop talking to you. The immediate reaction was my speechlessness. Then I just started working out until I can't move anymore... bad hobby of mine (whenever there is a stressful situation, I tend to workout to release the stress). Keeps you thinking about questions such as: when will we be back to normal again? or is this the end? or what can I do to make you come back? That last question brings me back to the freestyle I did a while back, Come Back. That was dedicated to this very precious friend wishing she could come back. Lost, confused, discombobulated were the only feelings I had at that moment. Should I move on and get over it or should I hold on to something that might have already been gone?

I am a Leo, so obviously I am a stubborn dude. So I picked holding on, not letting any chance go away. When I happened to see her again, avoidance was her first reaction. Ignoring me was the second reaction. But I continued to say "hi" regardless. In this kind of situation, I have to put my pride aside and become shameless. Oh, only if she knew how much I can do for her to save the friendship. The more I think about it, the more complicated the situation gets. There was nothing I could do anyways. I said all I could say, did what I could but nothing's changed. What I will still do is continue being me! Maybe one day... some day... we can be friends again. I am sure we will meet again in the long journey call life.

On the side note: Writing this blog entry was EXTREMELY challenging. I had to think about how to explain the situation without giving out too much details. But at the same time, give enough details so the readers can understand what is going on.

Anyways, today I bring to you an old but meaningful song by Far East Movement. Today, you might know them by their hits "Like a G6" or "Rocketeer." But to be honest, they gave into the mainstream demands like the rest of the sell-outs... no disrespect to them. I actually respect them a lot for being a successful Asian Hip-Hop group in U.S. which is RARE. Only second to Jin the MC. But their old works are far better... just saying.
Far East Movement ft. Lil Rob & Baby Bash - You've Got a Friend

2 comments:

  1. people come and go.. only few of them really want to stay.. it's just the way it is.. sad..

    “Love knows not its intensity until the hour of separation.”- Khalil Gibran

    hang in there Jason.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Very few are willing to stay. I m lucky to have the said few. Bu it really hurts me to lose even one. That is a really great saying. Thanks Renee. I m definitely gonna hold on... hence the freestyle holding on. Part 2 of the story coming up.

    ReplyDelete