Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chapter 14: Closure

So when you are really upset/sad/depressed what is your therapy? Some people smoke; some people sleep; some people eat; some people shop. I usually blast my music and drift away... to another zone; write rhymes; and workout. So the first time she said goodbye to me, I did all of the above. That did put me to depression for a bit though. Now on the second time around, what should I do?

After half a year of avoiding/ignoring me, she finally hit me up. I was very excited but yet nervous at the same time. You know, like the first day of your new job. It has been so long since we last spoke, I didn't know what to say. So I gave her the usual greeting phrases like "how have you been? How is everything?" She answered, "good." Cold and casual. But I was cool with that. Little did I know what followed.

After the short greetings the real show started. So here we are, back to square one once again. Apparently this time it really is goodbye, strangers again. She needed a closure so she could move on with her life. Her final words to me were "please delete everything." I guess this is what's best for her... and I respect that. I have no other choice but to let her go... What ever makes her more comfortable.

So she says in time my memories of her will be fading away if not already gone. I don't believe that. All the physical evidences might be gone, but the impact it had on my life will forever remain. I may not have the best memory, but what we have been through were already tatted into my brain and heart. I will let her go, but I will also be holding on. Letting her go by leaving her alone. She keeps on doing her own thing and I will still be me. Holding on to the memories that we had and the experiences that we been through. I will not forget you, that is a promise that I will keep.

I am sorry, truly and sincerely, for all the pain and trouble that I have caused you. Now go on and live your life to the fullest, exactly what you deserve. I wish nothing but the best for you and what is ahead of you. I will always be here for you when you need a friend. With that said, my status that had been up for half a year can now rest in peace.

I came across this young talent from a friend. He did a cover for B.O.B's Nothin' On You and called it Nothin' On Me featuring JVoQualZ (pronounced as J vocals). When I looked deeper into this artist, I found another song that is really interesting. Here it is:

Pmac - Let It Go

4 comments:

  1. what can I say, I don't really know what happen.. did you hurt her in some way, because if you did, then don't expect her to be looking for you even as a friends.. as a woman, we tend to do it more sadistic way in hurting our partner.. our evenge is ugly.. it's just the way things are.. guess, you already understand that.. :(
    I hope you'll find new love/friends Jason that will turn your pain into happiness..
    good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks renee =D. she prolly won't talk to me again. but i just have to put it out there. maybe one day she can read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming this was the same event you told me the last time we hung out. I know it hurts man, but you got your family, your friends, and everyone else who appreciates your friendship. We will support you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesir! And that i do. Im very lucky to be surrounded by so many of them as well. Everyday its getting better, but its still a flaw that this happened. Thanks tom. Happy bday.

    ReplyDelete