Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chapter 2: Everyday I'm Hustlin'

I was already in Jr. High in a blink of an eye. Time go by so fast. Without me knowing it, I m already at the age where money played a bigger part of my life. I mean money always did play a part in my life, but back then it was just used to buy snacks. Now I m at an age where fashion counts more. Since that was not possible because of the kind of family I m growing up from, i had to find another way to make it happen. I did not get allowance until my sophomore year in high school so that was out of the question. I had to find a way to make money...fast... So i met my homeboy Gen at that time, together we going to do it big.


That idea came at me when I was in 6 grade. Yu-Gi-Oh was the shit at that time so i took advantage of it. If i remember right I did not spend more then $30 in this card game. My first deck was given to me by this kid name David. He was a very friendly guy, no homo. So with that shitty deck, my friend and I started hustling our ways up. Our brain was made for this kind of shit. I see a lot of little kids that got too much money in their hand so I decided to help them spend some of that money. Every hustler have a designated location to hustle people, and mine was the Brooklyn Public Library. That place was the shit for the kids and teenagers, you can use computer for free and it can be a chill spot.


So this was our plan, we will lose to them on purpose at first then trick them into playing us for keeps. This trap is so simple but yet worked flawlessly. It wasn't just the kids that we were hustling, there were people my age too. No lie, i was proud of myself because if I didn't have the skills to back up my hustle i wouldn't have succeeded. From a deck of 40 cards where 38 of them were regular common cards to a deck of 40 cards which 37 of them became holograms. I was known as the Yu-Gi-Oh master in the library and these kids always come to me for advice. So now I got all these rare cards and it's time to make that paper.


Gen and I started selling these rare cards. It's easy 20 bucks a piece. Some rarer cards such as faggot Jinzo or the gay ass bird Yada can go as high as 30 bucks a piece. My hustling future looked bright ahead. I was doing this until my junior year of high school. Now thinking back, it was such a carefree life... only if I could turn back the hands of time...


So today is 2/02/2010 which is exactly my 11th year in NYC. Happy anniversary to me.
Starting with this blog on I will post a song that describes how I m feeling at that moment, and the winner for this chapter is none other then...EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN BY OFFICER RICKY

EDIT>>> Maybe I'll drop a freestyle once in a while...

Rick Ross ft. Jay-Z & Young Jeezy - Everyday I'm Hustlin'

7 comments:

  1. We all caught this epidemic called the grind flu
    We're getting older so do you get the clue?
    got a few more things to say, stay fly
    and always keep your head high

    GRIND HARD

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah congrats for being here for 11 years, niga that is ur real birthday aite so happy birhtday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to update this yo. Currently miss reading what you gota say

    ReplyDelete
  4. pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh at you picking on kids in yugioh. especially since i bet they followed the TV rules lmfao

    ReplyDelete
  5. wtf.. I didn't do shit to be honest. People hated me because I make fun of them. They thought I was a pest.. I was like the shitty Robin in a batman series.
    P.s. I was the best dualist not you afrolin!

    ReplyDelete