Monday, February 1, 2010

Chapter 1: Whole new life

Alright, so while reading Thomas' blogs I thought it was pretty interesting so I decided that I want to write bout shit that happened/happen/will happen in my life too. So here we go.


February 2, 1999 was the day that changed my life completely. I was 9 years old when i came here. I arrived at NYC at around 7PM. My grandparents picked my dad, sisters, and me up from the airport. My heart was full of excitement and fear at the same time. Excited about the new life that i will lead and fear about the new people that i will meet. As i was looking out the taxi window, i was amazed by the skyscrapers as any new immigrants would. Everything was brand new. Here comes my new life...


Starting a complete new life aint easy. Especially when I don't know anything about this culture and language. When i attended PS 163 i went straight to the 4th grade. I did not have any friends and i did not speak one word of English at that moment. I had to start from scratch. My neighbor introduced me to this girl name Helen, she was Chinese and was in my class. I guess she was a blessing to me since she was my first friend and she was also a translator. I had to take ESL class and harder than all other kids. Making new friends were hard because of the language barrier as well. As time passed i got used to this new lifestyle and things started to get a little bit easier.

6 comments:

  1. yo this is ur first comment, watch lke 10 years later u gonna come bac n look at this comment n b lke ohh shit tahts the first comment lololol

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you speak better english than the majority of the people you graduated with =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You came here hollaring at a girl. Yo that's whats up. Came from China just to holla at some Brooklyn girl. What it do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm an accent free fob so what you gotta say about that? What happened to this Helen Keller..

    ReplyDelete
  6. she was in dyker, dewey wit me. then dunno wat happened afterwards

    ReplyDelete