Friday, August 26, 2011

FS#9: Mad World

You see the rich getting more well off
The poor will never rise above
In a city such as New York poverty is still a problem
Growing up in hoods that can either make or break them
Once they make the wrong turn that's their whole life
Surviving the times, never cared about wrong or right
Outsiders only know the nice views of NYC
They can't see pass the lines of pity
Homeless people on trains is the place for them to be
No one willing to lend a hand what a shame to see
Police brutality, that ain't nothing new
Our protectors against us, exceptions of a few
If only I had one wish I would wish for true equality
No such thing as rich or poor just me equals you, you equals me
That will be the perfect equation
When we help each other without any hesitation

"Imagination is one's greatest treasure"
-JCL

4 comments:

  1. me equals you; you equals me..
    what a wonderful place this world might be..
    someday, maybe?
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. someday. one day. but we probably won't be alive to witness this change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah.. I hope my children and their children could live on those wonderful world..

    ReplyDelete